As most of you realize using templates can help improve your speed and efficiency, thus making your projects more profitable. Without templates you are more likely to be inefficient, redo things you have all ready done, and likely spend more time on a project than you have to.
At F9 Productions we have created a Residential Revit Template for the use of our firm. We have offered other files for you to download on our "What is Revit" page.
But at last it is time to update, improve, and create an even more efficient template. Over the years we have gained knowledge of our clients needs and expectation. We know what we can do faster, where we are wasting time, and what sort of things we can do to add value for our clients. We are already deep in process of updating our residential template and I have already started on this small list of changes that need to be made:
| || |
Some of the most useful features of the template that are already using are:
- Sheets are already set up - it is easy to drag and drop in views in order to delver a quick set.
- Printing sheet set is already loaded
- All views that we use, demo, electrical, existing, ect. for each level is set up.
- All tags, and annotations are loaded
- Material takeoff are set up
- All of the walls, roofs, floors, furniture and casework are pre-loaded and ready to go. The current template that we have for free doesn't have all of the furniture you need, but we do sell that furniture set on our Revit Families page.
I'm interested in your thoughts?
- Do you have your own Revit Template?
- What saves you the most amount of time in your template, what makes you efficient?
- What do you want in your template that you don't have now?
- What other suggestions can you think of that you would like to have in a template.
Revit Template Outlinks
Building a Revit Template
Setting Up Revit Templates
Exploring the Revit Architecture project templates
Revit Template Tutorial Start to Finish (Part 1)
Please LIKE / TWEET on Facebook or Twitter!
and leave a comment below and let us know what you think!